Over 18 million Indians trapped in slavery, number highest in the world, according to Global Slavery Index 2016

India has 18 million modern slaves: Global Slavery Index 2016

Over 18 million Indians are trapped in modern-day slavery — at least five times more than any other country in the world Modern slavery is a brutal reality. Nearly 46 million people... Read more »

Around 215 million Indians have zero assets

By Prachi Salve In a country where “inclusion” is the emerging political mantra, an estimated 215 million Indians–roughly the population of Canada and Pakistan combined–are largely excluded from economic progress. These paupers,... Read more »

Richest 1% will own more than other 99% by 2016

Oxfam warns of widening global inequality gap The combined wealth of the richest 1 percent will overtake that of the other 99 percent of people next year (2016) unless the current trend... Read more »