- NSW recorded 1,290 locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night. Tragically four people have died, including our first death in regional NSW.
- We have now reached 6.8 million vaccinations and around 66% of the population has had their first dose. This is outstanding. Vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of the virus and the rate of hospitalisation. If you haven’t had your vaccine yet, please book in urgently at nsw.gov.au
- West Sydney and South West Sydney still have over 80% of cases. Make sure you know the lockdown rules in your area and please adhere to the advice. Areas of most concern include Guildford, Merrylands, Auburn, Greenacre, Yagoona, Punchbowl, Blacktown and surrounding suburbs. Please be very careful.
- We are also seeing cases in adjacent LGAs such as Randwick, Ryde, Meadowbank and Inner West suburbs such as Marrickville. Please be diligent about mask wearing and physical distancing.
- Western NSW continues to have cases. We are concerned about unlinked cases.
- Please do not hesitate to get tested if you have even mild symptoms or are a contact of a case. If you live in a LGA of concern you may be eligible for a $320 test and isolate payment.
- Thank you to all our frontline workers and support staff for the work you are doing.