Disaster assistance has been made available for communities across the NSW state that have been affected by the recent bushfires.
Minister for Emergency Services Troy Grant said a range of disaster assistance is available to help affected individuals, small businesses, primary producers, and local councils.
“Many communities have been severely affected by the bushfires over the weekend,” Mr Grant said.
“The Australian and NSW governments have acted quickly to ensure affected people have access to much-needed disaster assistance to support their recovery.”
The local government areas receiving Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) assistance include:
• Mid Coast
• Mid-Western Regional
• Port Macquarie-Hastings
• Upper Hunter
This assistance includes:
- help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged
- support for affected local councils to help with the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets
- concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers, and non-profit organisations
- freight subsidies for primary producers
- grants to non-profit organisations.
Further information on disaster assistance is available on the Australian Government’s Disaster Assist(external link) website and the NSW emergency information and response(external link) website.