(A Managing Director’s Message)
Sydney (Media Release from Crescent Wealth) ;
The Crescent Wealth Super Fund is now well and truly one of the fastest-growing super funds in Australia. It marks a coming of age as a stable and substantial player in the financial services landscape.
A Big Thank You to Our Members
We owe our success to the thousands of Australians who have chosen Crescent Wealth in order to invest in a manner that complies with their values and beliefs.
These supporters represent many difference colours, cultures and communities.
Yet they are united in their differences just as they are united in their values.
We thank you for your trust and confidence.
Strong Investment Performance
It has been a remarkable year of milestones.
Our members don’t expect to compromise on price, performance or quality of service in order to achieve outstanding results.
On the Investment side
- Crescent International Equity Fund was ranked number one among Australian ethical funds over the 2015 financial year (Financial Express). Since its launch on 22 February 2013 to 30 June 15, the fund has achieved a total return of 60.65%.
- Crescent Wealth made its first foray into commercial property, acquiring a $31 million asset on the fringes of Melbourne’s CBD.
On the Business side
- Members have increased 99% over the 2015 financial year, now well into the thousands.
- Funds under management (FUM) have increased 245% over the 2015 financial year, currently sitting well above $100M.
- We have launched a new office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in order to increase our exposure to global investment opportunities
We would like to also extend our gratitude for the plethora of support we have received from cultural groups, mosque associations, professional networks and every day Muslims across Australia.
Going forward Crescent Wealth is committed to building on our grass roots foundation.
We are going to increase our investment in education, continue supporting the growth of our cultural groups, and host more and more financial information sessions.
We will do this while forever celebrating diversity and variety as the face of Muslim Australia.
A Final Thank You
We would like to thank those who encouraged us, those who supported us, and those who joined us.
We exist for you.
As a community, there is nothing we can’t do.
-Talal Yassine OAM
Managing Director, Crescent Wealth
[Crescent Wealth is Australia’s leading Islamic superannuation and investment firm. We invest in accordance with Islamic investment principles and offer all Australians an attractive alternative in socially responsible investing. Crescent Wealth offers a series of investment funds as well as the Crescent Wealth Superannuation (pension) Fund. Crescent Wealth manages all aspects of its funds in accordance with its Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL 365260) including product development, registration, legal, accounting, auditing, marketing and distribution. Crescent Wealth does not invest in activities prohibited by Sharia’a such as arms production or trade, alcohol, pornography and gambling. Managing Director Talal Yassine also serves on the boards of the Council for Australia-Arab Relations and ASEAN – Australia Council]